mini9 heat

rheyerdahl at infostations.com rheyerdahl at infostations.com
Wed Aug 26 19:02:23 CDT 2009

  My question is normal heat ?

I have two Dell mini9's.  As a newbie to linux (ubuntu), The dual boot was
causing me problems, solution, a linux unit & a xp unit.

1. 16GB ssd running xp,
2.  4GB ssd running ubuntu 9.04

Both units are the same no web cam, bluetooth, etc.  But the linux mini
runs a lot warmer than the xp unit...normal or not ?

Note: the 4GB mini is a factory rebuild, not a ordered new machine. Also
did not notice any heat difference when running the dual boot ( ubuntu
8.10/xp ) on the 16GB  unit.

Thanks for any feedback/help........................Richard