My charging pin woes, and hibernate/resume

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:26:22 CDT 2009

Tom Chiverton wrote:
> 2009/8/26 David Fraser <davidf at sjsoft.com>:
>> So does this need to be bigger than my current memory size (4GB)?
>
> Certainly it needs enough free to put your used physical RAM in (at
> least, that used to be true).

snip>
If I remember correctly the swap is recommended to be 2* RAM for suspend
and hibernate. I have forgotten since long where I found the
recommendation but have followed it since and have no problems with
using either function.

Running Kubuntu 8.04 on a Dell Vostro 1400/Inspiron 1420

If it seems to tricky to get said pin out is it not time to contact Dell
and find a hardware technician in your area?

Regards,
Sinclair