Dell to upgrade to current Ubuntu soon

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Aug 24 17:26:39 CDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 09:29:06AM -0700, Gar wrote:
> Found this article; <http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9136733/Dell_plans_to_expand_netbook_presence_with_Linux> About Dell upgrading the Mini10 to the current version of Ubuntu soon.
>
> I wonder if this will also be true for purchased version of the Mini9. Will the Dell update libraries be populated with version updated patches?
>
> On my 15n i just went ahead and upgraded to 9.04 the second day I had it. With the Mini9 I've been more hesitant.

You know, I was at OpenSourceWorld at the netbook talk and spoke with
Todd Finch in person. I hadn't realized there were so many media types
there. I have a Mini 9 as well, and I holding onto 8.04. Many pacakges
are already backported. (ie - Network Manager).

Now if there was just the Mini 9 (Ubuntu) with a $20 a month 3G
option. That would be a sweet deal. No one would complain about the
keyboard then!

It's great to see the Mini 9 back.

brian
--