dell xls 1330 with ubuntu 9.04 wireless problem

Khadar Nur khadarn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 21:56:26 CDT 2009

Tom,

lspci | grep -i wireless:

0c:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan]
Network Connection (rev 02)

When I try to activate it I get this:

wlan0...SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory
SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory
i see also my wireless interface is associate with wlan0 but i had also
wmaster0

lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wmaster0  no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Tx-Power=0 dBm
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr=2352 B
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

pan0      no wireless extensions.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Tom Chiverton <tom.chiverton at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I use the dell installation cd for ubuntu 9.04 all drivers are OK except
> my
> > wireless.
>
> In what way not OK ? What have you tried ?
>
> --
> Tom

Khadar Nur
khadarn at gmail.com