Linux-Desktops Digest, Vol 37, Issue 11

Gar gar.nelson at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 13:39:43 CDT 2009

I was also thinking that maybe running 'top' in a konsole window at the same time would be good.  Top is a bit more dynamic than ps is. If you're lucky, whatever is activating the camera will bubble up to the top of the 'top' display right after the camera access led activates.  Once you have a better idea which process it is, it could be easier to figure out why that process is being called.

I've got a Mini9 and a 15n, both with built-in cams, and neither one of them behave as you describe, so I'd definately agree that it's some sort of abnormal behavior.

Best of luck,
Gar