unexpected activity on integrated webcam with studio 1737

Brie Gordon brie.gordon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:54:55 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I have a Studio 1737 that dual boots Vista and Ubuntu running Jaunty.
I have noticed that the activity light on the integrated webcam
flashes once every ten minutes (ex. 8:00, 8:10, 8:20, 8:30, et
cetera). This is quite disconcerting to me. Has anyone run into this
issue? Does anyone know why this occurs? The only webcam-related
software I have installed is Cheese. I don't see any cron jobs that
would cause this. Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

--
Regards,