CentOS Graphics issue on Dell Optiplex 760's using intel driver

Scott_Purcell at Dell.com Scott_Purcell at Dell.com
Fri Aug 7 08:36:07 CDT 2009

Caveat:  I'm not in an engineering role and offering this as a list
participant, not as a Dell spokesman.

You don't mention your monitor type, or whether you've configured the
system to know what monitor you are using.  Most video drivers are
designed to offer only generally "safe" resolutions when the monitor is
unknown.

Try running system-config-display (Menu: System|Administration|Display)
and doing the following:

	1) On the hardware tab, verify that both the Video card, and the
Monitor Type are set to what you actually have.
	2) Return to the settings tab and see if your desired
resolutions are presented.
		* If so, problem solved.  Please let us know.
		* If not, please tell us what which video card the
system is identifying yours as and which monitor you are using.

Hope that helps,

Scott Purcell