No sound after upgrade from 7.10 to 8.04

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 01:12:41 CDT 2009

Sorry I got it all wrong - normally the sound problems arise when
someone installs the modemdrivers. As for Dell PPA you found the correct
link.

did you install the linux-ubuntu-modules?

As I get it you seem to have "sort of sound", something I have never
experienced. Either it has been gone (mixer icon is crossed out) or it
works in all things I use (musicplaying, videoplaying, youtube/flash
videos etc).

Hope you can sort it out and sorry I am not able to assist.