No sound after upgrade from 7.10 to 8.04

Bob Haugen bob.haugen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:25:27 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:37:03 -0300 <victorkane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Check out "No Sound After Distribution or Kernel Upgrade" at bottom of
> page at http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_8.04

That's what I tried first.  Did not work.  You can see my results
below in my original message.

The sound returned for awhile after finally getting the flash plugin
to install, and then stopped working for music files after installing
a new gstreamer codec in the totem music player.

So I'm still floundering in Ubuntu sound hell.