Touchpad

Ian C. Brock brock at physik.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jul 31 08:30:34 CDT 2008

Under Kubuntu 8.04 on a Latitude D430 , I made the the change to xorg.conf
given in earlier mails:

Add SHMConfig on to Synaptics section:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
         Driver          "synaptics"
         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
         Option          "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
         Option          "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
         Option          "HorizEdgeScroll"       "0"
         Option          "SHMConfig"             "on"
EndSection

and then installed the gsynaptics. You can then just run gsynaptics and
turn off tapping for example. I prefer this to making too many changes to
xorg.conf.

Regards, Ian