Touchpad

Jose_Reyes-DeChouden at Dell.com Jose_Reyes-DeChouden at Dell.com
Thu Jul 31 08:23:14 CDT 2008

Great, thanks for all the help guys. Ill give it a try

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of O. Sinclair
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:13 PM
To: linux-desktops
Subject: Re: Touchpad

You can look for a software called "touchfreeze", there is a linux
version. It has not helped me much and the touchpad controller section
in settings does not seem to do the job (have not experimented much
lately). However, if you edit (command line and use "sudo gedit") the
file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
Adding this line
	Option		"MaxTapTime" 		"2"
to he Synaptic Touchpad section of xorg.conf (/etc/X11) disables the
tapping totally and I then use the pad-buttons instead for clicking.

Sinclair