Touchpad

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Wed Jul 30 18:15:24 CDT 2008

On Wed, July 30, 2008 16:26, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008 01:07:48 pm Jose_Reyes-DeChouden at dell.com wrote:
>> How can I get my touchpad to work correctly. I have a 1530 with the
>> latest version of Ubuntu. External mouse works fine,but touchpad is
>> erratic.
>
> Wish I could find a way to turn the touch pad off.  I even tried to tape a
> cardboard over it!

They drive me nuts, too.  There's a place in the Latitude D600 bios that
you can turn it off completely, on completely, or off when mouse is
attached.  Works fine with Fedora and XP, dunno about Ubuntu but since
it's hardware setting, I presume it would work with any OS.  I turn it off
completely.  Look for that in your bios if you just want to get rid of it
instead of being able to toggle it.