Touchpad

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Wed Jul 30 15:33:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 13:26 -0700, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008 01:07:48 pm Jose_Reyes-DeChouden at dell.com wrote:
> > How can I get my touchpad to work correctly. I have a 1530 with the
> > latest version of Ubuntu. External mouse works fine,but touchpad is
> > erratic.
>
> Wish I could find a way to turn the touch pad off.  I even tried to tape a
> cardboard over it!

Take a look at synaptics ie, Google synaptics touchpad configuration.
You CAN turn it off while the keyboard is being used automaticaly.  This
might also fix any "erratic" behavior you might be seeing.  For a quick
start take a look at /usr/share/doc/x-input-devices (I think)  If it is
not there, then just apt-get install synaptics <<notice the "s"??).

HTH