BIOS password...: probably on latitudes only

Lance Haig lnhaig at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:14:15 CDT 2008

Hi Mario,

Well where do i start.

I have a Latitude D531 with the following

4GB ram
ATI - Radeon x1270
120 Gb HDD
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile
    Technology TL-60
    1.60 GHz
    PAE

My story.

I bought this laptop for my packaging duties on the distribution I am a
member of. and the first task was to install a vm tool to run my Dev
environment.

I was able to install kvm onto my machine but as soon as I started the
vm my laptop would hang and then reset.

I have tried the following distributions with the same result.

OpenSuse
SLED
Ubuntu
RedHat
Foresight

After your e-mail I made the changes you suggested so the machine now
just hangs/freezes
I have to force it off.

I have checked if I am running the newest bios and I am .

I am willing to help in any way to solve this so not only I but everyone
else who owns one of these can run vm software and happily use linux.

Regards

Lance