ISO for 8.04 now being installed and 1420n?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:13:13 CDT 2008

Brian Lavender wrote:
> I see that Dell is now selling laptops with 8.04 preinstalled. Is it
> possible to download the Dell ISO image like those offered for 7.10?
>
> And, is the the 1420n still being sold?

Looks like the 1420n is gone for some reason. You can buy it with
Windows hastalaVista though and then install Ubuntu. Just avoid any Dell
h/w (wireless, bluetooth), go Intel basically. As for graphics I chose
Intel but I guess Nvidia should also work. And as for built-in webcam
your guess is as good as mine, I opted to buy without it.

Sinclair