Fwd: Help diagnosing hard lockup on 1525n

Tom Chiverton tom.chiverton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 01:58:46 CDT 2008

2008/7/17 Rui Tiago Cação Matos <tiagomatos at gmail.com>:
> I believe that means you kernel crashed. But since you're using beta
> proprietary software the only thing you can do is report it to said
> software's provider.

I've done so (I'm on their closed beta, and there's also a dedicated
blog [penguin.swf]).
I understand the next Ubuntu rev. will have a kernel crash handler
built in - in the mean time there don't seem to be (say) pre-built
LKCD modules for 8.04.
Apart from spending some time building my own kernel and adding the
patches, does anyone have any other ideas (or know of a project that
is building kernel crash handling into Ubuntu 8.x) ?

--
Tom