Installing GeForce 6 series; Kernel 2.22.24-19-generic.

Vincent Newell shadowcat917 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 18:16:18 CDT 2008

When you manage your own nvidia driver you will have to manage the kernel module as well.  You should probably use  Mario Limonciello's suggestion, because it is the most user friendly way, and it is officially supported.

If you decide you want to use the drivers from nVidia's website, see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NvidiaManual and http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=835573 for useful information.

Regards,
Vince