How to install new BIOS A13?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 01:40:15 CDT 2008

Oliver Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There is a new BIOS out for my Inspiron 1525. I have two questions about this:
>
> 1. Is it worth updating from A11 to A13? Does anybody did this and has some
> experience to share?
>
> 2. How should I do this? I mean - I have a Linux OS and there is no floppy
> disk drive to which the instructions for "non-Windows users" refer to. I have
> an old bootable floppy, but that doesn't help here a lot...
>
> Btw, I am running OpenSuSE 10.3 on my machine.

I dont know about the versions differences, I suggest you check on Dell
site, tech support. As for upgrading (NOTE this is as far as I know
related to Ubuntu, if it works on OpenSuse I have no idea)

Bios update:

$ wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/firmware/bootstrap.cgi >
bootstrap.sh
$ sudo  bash bootstrap.sh
$ sudo aptitude install firmware-addon-dell
$ sudo aptitude install $(sudo bootstrap_firmware -a)
$ sudo update_firmware

this is taken from this link:
http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/12/05/37446.aspx

Regards,