Inspiron 1525N notebook not sold in the US anymore?

Mario Limonciello mario_limonciello at Dell.com
Thu Jul 10 14:21:54 CDT 2008

It should be mentioned that the value adds on the Dell Customized ISO
images are as follows:

    * Recovery support
    * Fixes/workarounds that couldn't make it into the proper release
          o Modem driver
          o Touchpad issues on the 1530
          o Bluetooth issues on some high speed bluetooth devices
          o Those types of fixes
    * Proprietary Video drivers

So if you are buying a platform that is not formally supported, the Dell
ISO images may not be of much value to you.  Given that the list of
workarounds is quite small (since a majority of the fixes made it into
8.04), most people are better off just installing a vanilla image with
updates rather than an image targeted to their platform.