Dell, 1525n and the 8.04 LTS release

Richard Kerver rkerver at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 12:31:43 CDT 2008

First, there's nothing to the rumor that Dell withdrew the 1525n - probably
just a mistake.  Second, the Dell Linux team continues their good work on
the 8.04 ISO and the word is "soon".   I own a 1535n and am very happy with
continued commitment and support from both Dell and Canonical.  I'll upgrade
to 8.04 when the ISO comes out using the Synaptic upgrade path - the ISO
burned to a DVD as the primary line of defense, and reassurance.  For
announcement of the release check both, I'd say by August:
  http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board?board.id=sw_linux
  http://linux.dell.com/files/ubuntu/hardy/iso-images/
You guys are awsome!  Thanks.