Wireless not working on 1525 Inspiron

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Jul 7 14:18:03 CDT 2008

On Monday 07 July 2008 12:00:26 pm BDW wrote:
> I'm am using ubuntu 8.04 linux.  I recently upgraded to 8.04.1 and now my
> wireless is not working.  I'm fairly new to linux in general but I've tried
> to reinstall the wireless driver as someone had instructed me but no luck.
>
> I then tried trying to boot from an older version of ubuntu(two updates
> prior) and still it doesnt work.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?  Does anyone know what
> is the correct driver to install in what I believe is a Broadcom wireless
> adapter.
>
> Any help at this point is much appreciated.

The first thing to check is to see if you might have pulled the switch on the
right hand side toward the front of the laptop.  This happened to me and I
couldn't figure it out for awhile.  However, it works fine with a fully
updated 1525 n IF you have previously also installed the fixes listed at
http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_8.04

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org