How to stop wandering cursor in Kubuntu Linux Dell 1420

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 4 17:42:39 CDT 2008

My cursor jumps all over the place in Kubuntu Linux on my Dell 1420 laptop.

I've read about a fix for Ubuntu but can't see how to apply it to Kubuntu.

The fix talks about editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf which I have done
and

Now, navigate to System > Preferences > Sessions
and click on "Add". Name it something like "Touchpad Syndaemon", the
description can be "Disables touchpad while typing", and the all important
command you need is "syndaemon -i 1 -d -t -K".

There is no such thing as System > Preferences > Sessions in Kubuntu
and I don't know what that gui thing does.

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could point me to a fix or just explain
what System > Preferences > Sessions does in Ubuntu so I could fix it on
the command line in Kubuntu.

Larry