Need GRUB settings to reinstall 8.04 from hard drive parition.

Alvin Kennedy apksr at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 09:50:51 CST 2008

I tried to install 8.10 on my XPS M1330 but it didn't work right (lost the DVD codecs somehow?). So I want to return to the original factory install. I am trying to reinstall Ubuntu from the original reinstall partition but it is no longer listed in GRUB. I can see the partition but it always fails to boot.

I probably don't have the correct settings in GRUB. Can someone post the default settings for the reinstall partition from their GRUB meun.lis?

Alvin