Support for the Mini 12 with Intel GMA 500 chipset

Josh Adams jadams1217 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 21:27:44 CST 2008

I think I've finally found the right place to ask this.  I recently bought a
Mini 12 with Vista and had planned on putting Linux on it right away (I was
too impatient to wait for the Linux version to pop up).  However, I soon
discovered that there doesn't seem to be any support for the GMA 500
chipset.  I'm wondering if this chipset will receive Linux support in the
near future when you release the Ubuntu version of the laptop.  What worries
me is the fact that the UK dell site is shipping the Ubuntu version of the
Mini 12 with a 900 chipset.  So basically I'm asking will the Mini 12 Ubuntu
version support the Intel GMA 500 chipset or will I need to return my laptop
and get one with a different chipset in order to properly support Linux?