Hard Drive Space

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Dec 12 00:59:43 CST 2008

On Thursday 11 December 2008 7:55:17 am David Fraser wrote:
> ----- "Art Alexion" <art at rhd.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 09:07 -0500, James Saveker wrote:
> > > This is why I purchased the Dell Mini 9 with Windows(TM) installed,
> > > as
> > > that model comes with a 16GB SSD.  It was a painless process wiping
> > >
> > > and installing Ubuntu :-)
> >
> > That is probably why it came with a 16 GB SSD.  XP needs more space.
>
> IIRC you could also order a 16GB SSD with Ubuntu, you just needed to select
> XP first, then switch it to Ubuntu in the customization

You can order the Ubuntu version of the mini 9 with a 32GB SSD here,
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dncwxa1&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&kc=segtopic~linux_3x

plus you can add external drives so it can be expanded way past the needed
space for Ubuntu.  I have Kubuntu on a bootable 4GB pendrive which works
great!  I use it with silly machines which only have the dozey OSes
installed.  Always nice to have a working OS to use!  I use it alot on the
library machines!

73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org