THE Fixes for sound and wireless after 8.04 install on Dell 1420

Herzog herzog at frontiernet.net
Thu Dec 11 22:06:07 CST 2008

Ok here is the way I got my similar problem fixed, by big help, so I
pass along:  A long bunch of emails, but....it might hurt if i left out
details
Will Herzog
You can safely remove any of those old kernels in Synaptic.  You
shouldn't have installed the -386, -virtual variants in the first
place.  The only "supported" kernel is the -generic kernel.

Regards,

--
Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*