"No Sound" after installing Ubuntu 8.04 on inspiron 1420

Prakash Pujari prakashpujari at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 05:21:40 CST 2008

Hi Tom & Karen Pino, O. Sinclair,

Thanks for your valuable response.

No, my PC is not even playing system sounds. I installed Ubuntu from the
Live CD. I checked all volume control settings, everything looks fine. When
I run test for sound, it plays very minute beep. When I try to play any
system sounds like login and logout sounds, its not. There is no problem
with audio-card, as when I switch to Windows Vista, it works fine.