Hard Drive Space

James Saveker james at saveker.org
Wed Dec 10 08:07:48 CST 2008

Quoting Art Alexion <art at rhd.org>:

> On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 15:48 -0500, doris taylor wrote:
>> I recently purchased a dell mini 9 with ubuntu preinstalled. The
>> machine has a 8GB hard drive but apparently Ubuntu takes up a little
>> over 6GB. Is this normal. I wanted to keep this OS but I may have to
>> switch to XP to reclaim some hard disk space.
>
> By the way, I can install Ubuntu from a single CD and run it on a
> bootable 1 GB USB stick.  It doesn't need to be this big.
>

> --
> Art Alexion
> MIS
> x3075

This is why I purchased the Dell Mini 9 with Windows(TM) installed, as
that model comes with a 16GB SSD.  It was a painless process wiping
and installing Ubuntu :-)

Kind regards,

Jim.

---

C isn?t that hard: void (*(*f[])())() defines f as an array of
unspecified size,
of pointers to functions that return pointers to functions that return void