Connecting to a Wireless Network

yakker.yak yakker.yak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:01:32 CST 2008

I would try reading some of the posts and discussions on the Ubuntu forums
to get a sense of some of the potential issues.

As pointed out in the above link, one potential problem is that older
wireless cards used a wider set of wireless channels than that used by newer
wireless cards as in the Mini 9. As a result, if your router is operating at
one of these channels the older laptop can connect fine (Windows or Ubuntu)
whereas the newer one may be unable to.

Other users reported problems based on whether the router was set to B, G,
or B + G. Check out the forums and check your router settings.