Ubuntu Security Updates for Mini 9

Nicola Ferralis feranick at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 14:34:44 CST 2008

A specific bug was filed on launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/dell-mini/+bug/301489

Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 10:49:45 -0800
From: yakker.yak at gmail.com
To: linux-desktops at dell.com
Subject: Ubuntu Security Updates for Mini 9

Hi there,

Several users including myself [1] are concerned that there haven't been any security updates available for the Mini 9 even though these updates have been available for the standard 8.04 for some time now.

Among other things, these include important security fixes to Firefox [2] and OpenOffice [3].

 The last update to the Dell Mini 9 Ubuntu repositories appears to have been in late October!

Can anyone confirm when we can expect these core security updates to be available for our Mini 9s?

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1002000
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/dell-mini/+bug/299706

[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/dell-mini/+bug/302755