Linux on notebook Dell Studio 15 (AKA Inspiron 1535)

Andrea Venturi a.venturi at
Wed Aug 6 08:20:10 CDT 2008

i'd like to submit a brief web page about linux kernel (and a Debian
Lenny edition) running on a brand new Dell Studio 15:

All in all, Linux goes fairly well, if we don't count the broadcom
802.11n failure. let's hope i goes open sorce soon.

Audio config is a bit tricky.

But things can get only better when the Radeon HD3450 will be completely
exploited by the open source driver (3d & video decoding), albeit i
think we'll not see a Blu Ray official software player so soon!

hope it helps.