Ubuntu 8.04 on 1505n

Vincent Newell shadowcat917 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:56:55 CDT 2008

Glenn,

I have the same GPU on my Inspiron E1505.  For my installation, I used the ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386 image, which I obtained from ubuntu.com.

vinny at shadowcat:~$ lspci |grep -i nvidia
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G72M [Quadro NVS 110M/GeForce Go 7300] (rev a1)
vinny at shadowcat:~$ sudo nvidia-installer -i

Welcome to the NVIDIA Software Installer for Unix/Linux

The currently installed driver is: 'NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for
Linux-x86' (version: 169.12).

This driver version should work... have you tried Envy?

I actually used the package from nVidia's website, although this method is unsupported by Canonical.  (see:https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NvidiaManual)

Regards,
Vincent Newell