umts (3g) -card d420

Tim Champion timchampion at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:53:54 CDT 2008

There is a panel on the bottom of your laptop for the wi-fi card and the RAM
& WLAN (UMTS?) card.  Open that up, and see if you have 2 PCI Express Mini
Cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express_Mini_Card

One will likely be filled with by your wifi card, and the other is for your
WLAN card.  Mine is empty, so I don't have one..

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Trond Husø <tr-huso at online.no> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this d420 and when I take of the battery I can see a sim-card
> thingy. I also have a d420 that I got from my office and this has a
> UMTS-card. How do I know that my d420 has a UMTS-card installed? Can I
> find this out by running dmesg or some other command?
>
> Does Dell also provide drivers to support any online UMTS-card?
>
> best
>
> Trond

Tim Champion
timchampion at gmail.com