Ubuntu 8.04 on 1505n

Glenn Williams glenn.e.williams at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:50:55 CDT 2008

I appreciate the responses so far. If the 1420 is identical in terms of
hardware (my real concern being the video) then that will go a long way.

The reason I'm looking for it is that I purchased the extended support for
the laptop, as it's not for me, but my wife. If it were just me I'd suffer
with things until I got it fixed or a bug report submitted. Since it's her
laptop I want there to be as few issues as possible. What it comes down to
is that I don't want to call in to Dell Support and be told that 7.10 or
8.04 is not covered under my support contract.

Glenn