new Hardy 8.04

Jim Hall james_f_hall at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 13:45:32 CDT 2008

I've been running Hardy 64bit on my 1330 since beta
and have had some issues with the nvidia graphics (go
figure...) and of course a bout with trying to get Xen
to work. I gave up and went the kvm route.

One question to the Dell folks, is there going to be
anything updated from you guys to make the media card
reader a bit more stable? When I run VMs off SD cards,
they hard lock / freeze. If I use an iSCSI target or a
file I don't have the same issues. My guess is that
the card reader is a bit flaky.

I'll see if I can capture some real data next time I
induce such an issue.

--Jim

http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Products/Consumer