new Hardy 8.04

Sam Flory Sam.Flory at codegreennetworks.com
Wed Apr 23 13:19:49 CDT 2008

Diego Martinez wrote:
> Dear Dell Linux,
>
> I would first like to thank you all again for making my laptop
> possible, I hope it is working out for you all as well!
>
> My question today is about the release of 8.04 tomorrow.  What do you
> all recommend?  I recall some discussion awhile back about the Intel
> graphics card problem, and that is now repaired in the 8.04 if I
> recall correctly.  Are the other (if I remember very small tweaks)
> hardware fixes also ready to go in the Hardy Heron release tomorrow?

  In general it never pays to be initial user of any linux release.  (Or
any new hardware or software product.)  Things will be broken here, and
there.  After 1-2 weeks the big issues will be fixed, and you should be
fine if you update right after the install.  On the other hand if things
aren't working well for you right now what have you got to lose?

PS- Yes I'm downloading the new release tomorrow, but I enjoy debugging
things.