new Hardy 8.04

J. Bruce Fields bfields at fieldses.org
Wed Apr 23 12:43:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:31:56AM -0600, Diego Martinez wrote:
> Dear Dell Linux,
>
> I would first like to thank you all again for making my laptop possible, I
> hope it is working out for you all as well!
>
> My question today is about the release of 8.04 tomorrow.  What do you all
> recommend?  I recall some discussion awhile back about the Intel graphics
> card problem, and that is now repaired in the 8.04 if I recall correctly.
> Are the other (if I remember very small tweaks) hardware fixes also ready to
> go in the Hardy Heron release tomorrow?
>
> Should I just allow for the auto-upgrade? (I have the US 1420N version,
> without the cam and DVD burner, and I have the Intel graphics)

I've been running Hardy on a 1420n for a few weeks, and I think my only
current problems are two problems with the keyboard on resume from
suspend-to-ram, both described here:

The problem that caused compiz to be disabled (I think that was the
fixed.

Also, I'm finding that wireless is now reliable after resume.
(Previously it wasn't.)

--b.