Inspiron 1525 with Vista, Ubuntu installed for dual boot. Needdrivers

Thierry Andriamirado thierry.andriamirado at free.fr
Mon Apr 21 10:46:27 CDT 2008

Mario,

On lun, 2008-04-14 at 14:48 -0500, Mario_Limonciello at dell.com wrote:

> All of the factory addon packages are available here:
>
> http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_7.10/Add-on_Packages

Thanks a lot for this link!!

As I was in a hurry, I had to buy a XPS-1330 shipped with windows vista
even if I wanted one with Ubuntu. When I got it I decided to keep the
beAst (not a wild one) and succeeded in installing Ubuntu Gutsy after 2
trials while keeping vista & the media thing (button). Ok, I tried vista
once (!) and shall install (build?) another linux to boot with when the
home button is pressed, so it was an interesting experience but a waste
of disk space.

On the other hand, even if I'm very happy to be able to use my 3D
desktop with compiz-fusion and the internal video hardware, I'm not very
satisfied by my Ubuntu config, especialy the audio stuffz with a
realtime kernel.

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try. Should be ok with a backported
Gutsy.

Best,