Vostro 1500

Francois Boisson user at maison.homelinux.net
Mon Apr 14 12:42:20 CDT 2008

Le Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:39:07 -0700 (PDT)
"David W. White" <davidwwhite at yahoo.com> a écrit:

> Hi Juan,
>
>   I have a problem too with the mic on my Dell D820 running Ubuntu 7.10.
> Everything else works. I was told to either install some third party drivers
> or wait for 8.04 which should correct the problem. I have decided to do the
> latter. Might be that will work for you too. If you dont use your machine in
> a production environment then you can go ahead and try the beta version now
> and see if that solves the problem. David
>
> Juan SinNombre <albb_1 at yahoo.es> wrote:
>           Hello I would like to know if there is any posibility to get an
> custom Ubuntu Live CD for an Dell Vostro 1500 laptop. I have now installed
> the official Ubuntu 7.10 and I had to do a lot of thinks to make all the
> hardware work. Not it works all except the microphone. Allthough I a
> custumized ubuntu would be great for the next time I have to install the
> operating system. Thanks.

Well, I have an Inspiron 1525N using a Debian Etch AMD64 linux. The mic did
not work anyway even after having compile and install ALSA 1.16. So I
download, compile and install the linux 2.6.25-rc8 and now the mic work even
if the level is not very hight, it's now possible to use twonkle, skype or any
multimedia application. Only one thing does not work, the possibility to
record the lineout output.

François Boisson
(Excuse my english)
The card (/proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xfe9fc000 irq 21

Working Alsa version used now:
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.16rc2 (Thu Jan 31
16:40:16 2008 UTC).