Vostro 1500

David W. White davidwwhite at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 21:39:07 CDT 2008

Hi Juan,

  I have a problem too with the mic on my Dell D820 running Ubuntu 7.10. Everything else works. I was told to either install some third party drivers or wait for 8.04 which should correct the problem. I have decided to do the latter. Might be that will work for you too. If you dont use your machine in a production environment then you can go ahead and try the beta version now and see if that solves the problem.

  David

Juan SinNombre <albb_1 at yahoo.es> wrote:
          Hello I would like to know if there is any posibility to get an custom Ubuntu Live CD for an Dell Vostro 1500 laptop. I have now installed the official Ubuntu 7.10 and I had to
do a lot of thinks to make all the hardware work. Not it works all except the microphone. Allthough I a custumized ubuntu would be great for the next time I have to install the operating
system.
Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com