Which video driver

Les Denham les at iiandt.com
Thu Apr 10 15:59:18 CDT 2008

On Thursday 10 April 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:

> I should have said that the 1525n has the x3100 chipset which has an intel
> on-board video.
>
> Blessings,

Nigel,

I have Intel video on a Latitude D520 and am running the i810 driver.  It has
acceleration capabilities, but I'm not sure how effective they are.  I have a
rather up-market dual core CPU, so the unaccelerated performance is pretty
good.

I'm running Gentoo, not Ubuntu, so I don't know whether this driver is
included with Ubuntu.  But it's included with Xorg, so it should be.

Les

--
Les Denham
Vice President