Which video driver

Amit_Bhutani at Dell.com Amit_Bhutani at Dell.com
Thu Apr 10 10:53:44 CDT 2008

The Inspiron 1525n _only_ ships with one video option and that is the
onboard Intel 965GM controller. As stated in my earlier post, it will
need the "xserver-xorg-video-intel" driver to render 3D acceleration, do
compiz-fusion etc.

Amit

From: linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Sven Boden
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:46 AM
To: nigel at rmk.co.il; linux-desktops
Subject: RE: Which video driver

It depends on your hardware... NVidea seems to be the best supported,
ATI second (if you're lucky in your card selection, my current ATI card
is very hard to get working correctly).

If you have have an NVidea or ATI card just go to
http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html and install EnvyNG. It can
get most configurations working (if it will work at all).

This is one of those areas where windows is still better than Linux...
but I have faith that will change ;-)

Regards,
Sven