D800 Bluetooth

Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com
Tue Apr 8 09:50:39 CDT 2008

If the BIOS is telling you that Onboard Bluetooth is not installed, then
you don't have the Bluetooth module on your system. Did you specifically
order your system with it?

From: linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Aristotelis
Mikropoulos
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:40 AM
To: linux-desktops; firmware-tools-devel at lists.us.dell.com
Subject: D800 Bluetooth

Greetings.

I use Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon on a Dell Latitude D800. The problem is
that I can't use bluetooth.
When I enter BIOS I can see "Onboard Bluetooth: Not Installed" but there
is no option to enable it.
I haven't found any switch or key combination to turn bluetooth on,
neither have I managed to enable
it through some software application. Can you help me, please? Is it a
firmware issue? UNIX tools
as hdd don't even recognize the onboard bluetooth, so I think its
hardware device is disabled.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot, in advance.

Your Sincerely,
Aristotelis Mikropoulos

--
Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute.