D800 Bluetooth

Aristotelis Mikropoulos amikrop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 09:40:15 CDT 2008

Greetings.

I use Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon on a Dell Latitude D800. The problem is that
I can't use bluetooth.
When I enter BIOS I can see "Onboard Bluetooth: Not Installed" but there is
no option to enable it.
I haven't found any switch or key combination to turn bluetooth on, neither
have I managed to enable
it through some software application. Can you help me, please? Is it a
firmware issue? UNIX tools
as hdd don't even recognize the onboard bluetooth, so I think its hardware
device is disabled.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot, in advance.

Your Sincerely,
Aristotelis Mikropoulos

--
Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute.