Red Hat WS 4.4 on T3400

John_Hull at Dell.com John_Hull at Dell.com
Mon Apr 7 13:00:41 CDT 2008

Can you use RHEL 4.5 or 4.6? This system was tested with 4.5 and later, so either of those should work.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com on behalf of Jim Hall
Sent: Mon 4/7/2008 12:38 PM
To: Boris Epstein
Cc: linux-desktops
Subject: Re: Red Hat WS 4.4 on T3400

Yes. I am booting from the CD-ROM. It is an x64
version. It has installed successfully on a Precision
390. The only difference I can surmise is that it is a
SATA Optical drive.

I can't install over the network at this time, this is
my preferred method of provisioning machines.

I have switched the SATA Operation mode in the BIOS
from AHCI to ATA, thinking that might resolve, but to
no avail.

I think the onboard controller is an Intel ICH7DR, but
I am unable to find a driver disk at the Intel site at
this time.

Thanks,

Jim