Dell Optiplex 755's with Ubuntu 7.10 (QUad Core Systems)

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 01:31:36 CDT 2008

O. Sinclair wrote:
> Sorry I keep forgetting not everyone runs KDE Kubuntu... whatever the
> soundmixer is called in Gnome Ubuntu master channel has to be set to PCM
> on my PC after the ALSA upgrade.

I use Kubuntu 7.10 on my XPS one.  It has the IHC9 chipset like yours,
and my sound works thru headphone jack, but not on the speakers.  They
are separate outputs from the chipset.  In your case you may check for
sound on the line out jack, not just the speaker jack.  Make sure all
the channels are turned on and all the way up.

RG