trying to get microphone work on dell latitude d820 runningubuntu 7.10, also yahoo mail

Mario_Limonciello at Dell.com Mario_Limonciello at Dell.com
Wed Apr 2 12:09:15 CDT 2008

David,

For Ubuntu 7.10 there was an additional linux-backports-modules package
that enabled support for some of these devices that were caught after
7.10 went gold.  For systems that were "shipped" out of the factory, it
is applied automatically.  For systems that you are adding onto, you
will need to manually install it.

The D820 wasn't shipped with Ubuntu, but the fixes that went in for the
Inspiron 1420 and 1525 should be applicable here.  Also, these fixes are
in mainline now for 8.04.

Regards,