Reisntall ubuntu insprion 1525

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Tue Apr 1 15:04:07 CDT 2008

You should have a copy of the recovery DVD on your system that is customized to your system. I would recommend burning this to DVD and saving it.

Yes, you can remove /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2. I would recommend saving /dev/sda1, though, as this has important diagnostics that support will likely want you to run if you ever have a problem with your machine.
--
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com on behalf of Biot Cyrille
Sent: Tue 4/1/2008 1:52 PM
To: linux-desktops
Subject: Reisntall ubuntu insprion 1525

hi
I've bought sometimes ago a Linux laptop dell with ubuntu
Well, all works fine,
but i'll prefer debian than ubuntu and I'd like to install a debian system.
But I see there're several partitions on my disk. The /dev/sda1 seems specifying to DELL utility (?), I think I can erased it without problem.
The /dev/sda2 seems to be a rescue part, I can erased it too, isn't it ?
The /dev/sda3 seems to be the root linux part of Ubuntu,
and the 4th part seems to  be the swap, but I don't understand why the part is built on a extended part ???
Can I really reformated /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 ?
If one day I 'll reinstall dell system, can I download this ISO http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_7.10#Dell_OS_Reinstallation_7.10_DVD_ISO ?
Will it make the same thing than a rescue with the originally /dev/sda2 system ?

What do you think about that

Thanx
(sorry for my english but I'm a french user)

----
"Ils ne me comprennent point,
je ne suis pas la bouche qui convient à ces oreilles"
 - - - Ainsi parlait Zarathoustra - - -