Reisntall ubuntu insprion 1525

Biot Cyrille biot.cyrille at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 1 13:52:16 CDT 2008

hi
I've bought sometimes ago a Linux laptop dell with ubuntu
Well, all works fine,
but i'll prefer debian than ubuntu and I'd like to install a debian system.
But I see there're several partitions on my disk. The /dev/sda1 seems specifying to DELL utility (?), I think I can erased it without problem.
The /dev/sda2 seems to be a rescue part, I can erased it too, isn't it ?
The /dev/sda3 seems to be the root linux part of Ubuntu,
and the 4th part seems to  be the swap, but I don't understand why the part is built on a extended part ???
Can I really reformated /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 ?
If one day I 'll reinstall dell system, can I download this ISO http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_7.10#Dell_OS_Reinstallation_7.10_DVD_ISO ?
Will it make the same thing than a rescue with the originally /dev/sda2 system ?

What do you think about that

Thanx
(sorry for my english but I'm a french user)

----
"Ils ne me comprennent point,
je ne suis pas la bouche qui convient à ces oreilles"
 - - - Ainsi parlait Zarathoustra - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - -  NIETZSCHE - - -