Fn+Brightness doens't work in kubuntu 7.10

Jorge Ortalli jortalli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 19:03:03 CST 2007

Dear Rui,
  the command $ grep atkbd /var/log/syslog does nothing. After executing it
nothing happens.

Dear Antonnie,
  I performed tail -f /var/log/syslog and then pressed the Fn+Up key
(=Brightness up) and Fn+Down key (=Bringness down) but... nothing happens.
Do I have to see an entry related to those keys in syslog file?

Thanks to all of you,
Jorge

2007/11/22, Phil Bieber <philbieber at gmail.com>:

> On Nov 22, 2007 10:47 AM, Phil Bieber <philbieber at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I'm using the same model, only with Ubuntu. The brightness seems to
> > work correcltly for me. Only the "Media Center"-buttons on the front
> > don't work with Gnome (with KDE they did work...)
> >
> > But I can check whn get back home (I'm at work rght now).
> >
> > Cheers
> > Philipp Bieber
> >

> > On Nov 20, 2007 7:30 PM, Antoine Cailliau <antoinecailliau at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Can you check if there is error in /var/log/syslog ?
> > > (try tail -f /var/log/syslog and then press FnKeys, after, to quit,
> type
> > > ctrl+c and post the result if there is any error)

> any
> > >
> > > --
> > > Antoine Cailliau
> > > www.ac-graphic.net

> > --
> > Are there any experienced suicide bombers?
> >
> > You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
> >
> > GPG KEY ID: 7C26EE5B0185E301
> > FINGERPRINT: CA81 28C2 E63F DAF8 5ED4 DACB 7C26 EE5B 0185 E301
> >
> Hi!
> I'm using the same model, only with Ubuntu. The brightness seems to
> work correcltly for me. Only the "Media Center"-buttons on the front
> don't work with Gnome (with KDE they did work...)
>
> But I can check whn get back home (I'm at work rght now).
>
> Cheers
> Philipp Bieber
>

> --
> Are there any experienced suicide bombers?
>
> You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
>
> GPG KEY ID: 7C26EE5B0185E301
> FINGERPRINT: CA81 28C2 E63F DAF8 5ED4 DACB 7C26 EE5B 0185 E301

Jorge Ortalli